Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Updated Boudoir

I finally did it! It took two full days, but I finally did it! The bedroom has been re-decorated and I love it! Even my husband likes it. (Notice I used like, not love. He doesn't usually love anything I do as far as updates!) He did say how much lighter, and larger, our room appears. And he's right. With the use of such light bedding and adding drapes has really let a lot of light in the room.

Before, we had burgundy, greens and golds as our primary color scheme in the room. My mom made the quilt for us as a wedding gift, and although I love it, I was just ready for something new. As I mentioned, 10 years in this house and I'm ready to make some update! And, since I can't afford all new furniture, modifications will made here and there with home accessories and paint, if my husband will allow it!

Our room before had candlestick lamps in brass and Roman Shades. And, simple shams to show the detailed work of the quilt. The shams, dust ruffle and shades were all handmade through Ethan Allen. They even installed the shades.

Bedroom Before:



The furniture was "given" to us by my parents. They are antiques that they used for years before upgrading to grander pieces of furniture. I love the color and simplistic design. And, I love that they are so unique because they are antiques! (Please note, we no longer have the TV in our  room.)


Bedroom After:
 I thought about getting a new bed as well, but why go to the expense. Turns out, we didn't need one. The antiqued brass finish looks great against the color of the new comforter. And, the wall color, which I was worried about, truly compliments as well. (Please note that with all the light coming in the room, the walls appear darker than they are. Please see above photos for actual color!) And, instead of shams, I ordered three Euro shams! Shams are on order, but you don't need them to get the effect!


 We plan to install pull down shades but didn't get around to that this weekend. We have been pulling the drapes closed this weekend, but our vents are at the bottom of each window. Really need those right now as summer has truly arrived! And, there will be a second panel on the window to the right. We bought the last three and Target got a shipment in over the weekend! That will be up this week as well.


Little things add up so keep your surfaces as clean as possible. I'm truly hoping our dresser stays this neat in the future! What I love here are the necklace and ring stand on the upper right and the hand towel holder that I'm using as a jewelry display dead center. This way I can display pieces that I love and wear most often!



Well, what do you think of the new room? I am so happy with how it turned out. You never know when ordering online what things will look like in person. Remember my disappointment when my original Target bedding arrived, but so glad that didn't work out!

No comments: