Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Creation

I have really gotten into baking and creating new things in the world of cupcakes! I don't know what it is about cupcakes, but I am obsessed! I watch Cupcake Wars faithfully on Food Network and buy magazines that feature cupcakes when available. I think I'm intimidated by an actual cake. Mine never bake evenly which I hate! Plus, even though I've taken the Wilton Cake Decorating classes, I'm scared to death of decorating. With a cupcake, you can be creative with your icing techniques, throw some sprinkles around and you have a cute, individual cake in your hand!

This past weekend I decided to go crazy and make a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate ganache center. I topped them with homemade peanut butter buttercream icing and a chocolate ganache drizzle! I was nervous during the whole process. Had I bitten off more than I could chew? Would they turn out okay? How do I make chocolate ganache...? 

My husband told me this weekend that all of my cupcakes are good, but that these were my best to date. I thought they were the Double Almond cupcake, but it turns out it the peanut butter-chocolate creation was a hit!

 I documented the process. Take the journey below!



Making homemade ganache from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe! Super easy too. Heavy cream, vanilla and chocolate chips!! Nothing wrong that that combo!



 
 

 

I had an amazing little helper! 

 
This is the finished product! I have to say, I love how they turned out. The icing was super creamy and I thought the icing technique was unique! And who doesn't love a ganache swirl??


Bon Appetit!

No comments: