Monday, August 13, 2012

Memories

Top: J.Crew Factory (similar style); Jeans: Ann Taylor (similar style)
Belt: Target; Shoes: Seychelles (similar style); Sunnies: Prada (gift);
Short Necklace/Earrings: Made by Me;
All other Jewelry: Silpada, Millsaps, House of Harlow

 This outfit is just like an outfit from my youth. I remember it fondly. The summer of my sixth grade year. A friend named Julie was having a birthday party and most of the girls from our sixth grade class were invited. I remember I was going through this "thing" with a friend, on the outs during said summer of '85, and my mom helped lift my spirits by taking me shopping for a new outfit specifically for the party. I wore white shorts, a blue and white striped top, matching blue earrings and tennies! 

As I put this look together, that summer and outfit immediately came to mind. Isn't it funny how clothing can bring back so many memories?


And sometimes McKinley just wants to be a part of the shoot!(Don't worry, he never made it to the street, Mom!)


How I've worn these jeans before:



Shop the look!

No comments: