Thursday, July 5, 2012

Short and to the Point

They are everywhere right now. The dress short, as they are referred to these days. And, they come in all shapes and sizes, mainly short! So why the current obsession of something that has always been seen as the casual summer essential? Because now they are considered work appropriate as well.

There is the short suit. You know, blazer and short set. No longer a skirt or pant, shorts have replaced the skirt work attire for women! And, in the mid 90s, I owned a short suit. I remember it fondly. It was from The Limited. Chocolate brown, olive green and black checked. I wore it the first day of my senior year! And, I think it was one of my senior year photo options. It was an outfit I wore ALL the time. Just ask my mom!

As you can see below, celebs are taking the look to the street and to the red carpet. Because of that, I had to jump on this trendy bandwagon! Below is my take on the dressy short.



 Top: Ann Taylor; Shorts: Ann Taylor;
Shoes: Jimmy Choo; Jewelry: Silpada;
Sunnies: Marc by Marc Jacobs

 I was a total rebel in the dress code department at work on Tuesday. I'm not sure if shorts are considered work attire appropriate, but I decided that with heels and classic jewels, they were dressier than what most people wear on a daily basis! And, its a short week. And, it was over 100 degrees! I'm pretty sure dressy shorts were totally legit! 

And, I loved that random strangers complimented me all day! I felt somewhat self-conscious most of the day. Were the shorts too short? Were my legs too heavy for how short the shorts were? The compliments helped, but I do believe I need to tone a little more to feel better about myself!














Celebrities wearing short suits photo courtesy of Fabsugar.

No comments: