Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ho, hum....

Feeling kind of glum at Style My Way today. I'm not inspired to write about anything really. I feel like I'm at one of those places in summer where its too late to really buy more things for summer but too early to start thinking about fall. Don't get me wrong, I will be stopping by the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale tomorrow and can't wait to see some fun, new pieces. But until then, what's there to blog about? 

Over the weekend, my husband and I stopped by our storage unit to browse through a box of summer clothes I just knew I had but couldn't find. There they were. All boxed up from last summer, because let's be honest I couldn't fit into much. That post-baby weight is still there just not as much as this time last year! So I do have this "new" wardrobe to work with for the remaining months of summer. I've really tried not to purchase too much this season. A piece here and there, but nothing like years past. Today I stopped by Standard Style, an amazing designer boutique that I love to browse when possible, and walked away with a darling Elizabeth & James neon top. I hope to sport that later this week on the blog. And, last week I stopped by Ann Taylor and picked up a few items at their 40% off sale. But that's it, really. Nothing terribly new to report on the shopping front.

Maybe that's part of it too. Because I haven't shopped, I feel less inspired because I haven't seen what's truly out there. Sure, I'm keeping up with the fashion mags and all they have to offer. I love flipping through pages and pages of styled looks and wondering if I can pull them off. (Knowing full well that that I can't.) And, I love coming back each day to my "friends" in cyberspace to see what they are styling up! What I Wore, Kendi Everyday, M.A.S. Fashion and Style and Pepper, provide that much needed fashion adrenaline that others get from say scratch off lottery tickets or a great HGTV Selling L.A. marathon. Thanks ladies for being there for me daily! 

So, with all of this said, I guess I did have something to write. No outfit to post or collage of items I think one must have in their closet at all times. What I will leave you with is a glimpse of what's to come tomorrow. Bubble gum pink and living in a Barbie world....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! Thank you so so much for including me! YOu are so sweet :) Thanks for the blog love! xx

Unknown said...

Too too kind, as usual! :) Thanks for the shout-out! XOXO