Friday, July 27, 2012

Black & Blue - Styled My Way

Earlier this week I blogged about my new found love for black and blue. Again, I've always loved the colors separately, just not worn together. My first black/blue colorblock purchase was made years ago at Nordstrom. I got a Diane von Furstenburg dress on super sale but it took me forever to actually wear it! 

The first time, well actually, the only time I've worn the dress was to a wedding a couple of years ago. The dress is perfect for the office, dressier occasions like a wedding and interviews. Who doesn't love a multifunctional piece in their wardrobe! I know I do and will have to make sure I pull this from the depths of my closet for later this summer. There is a very similar style at Ann Taylor that would fit all the same categories listed above. You can find it here

Continue reading to see other ways I've paired this color combo!  


What I love about the black/blue combo is that it doesn't have to stop at navy. Aqua and royal blue are great accent colors against black.

One dress styled two different ways with black:


One of my new favorite color combos!



Add a cropped black blazer to a fun top to make casual Friday's a little more dressy!

   How do you pair black and blue? Is it one of your favorite colorblocks or one you steer clear of completely?

No comments: