Tuesday, July 3, 2012

After Hours...

Dress: McCall's Pattern M55512 (2007); Shoes:  Ann Taylor;
Jewelry: Silpada; Sunnies: Marc by Marc Jacobs


After getting dressed my husband told me that I seemed really dressy for work. I asked him if it was too dressy and he said, "not for you." Later in the day, a co-worker said the dress was perfect for a day to night look. And they were both right! Its dressy but not too dress for work and perfect for transitioning from day to night! Going to happy hour? Throw on a bright lipstick and take a clutch with you to move your essentials around. 

This dress is actually a Hilary Duff McCall's pattern from several years ago. A friend of my mom's made it for me. She also made the 3/4 sleeve version but I gave that dress to my little cousin. I thought it would be super cute for her paired with tights and little Mary Janes. Even tall, flat boots would be adorable. I wonder if she's ever worn it?


 

Photo of McCall's Pattern courtesy of Erica Bunker.

No comments: