Friday, July 6, 2012

Baking, Baking, Baking

Yes, it's a baking 100 degrees plus here in Kansas and I must be mad for making our house hotter, but I have really enjoyed my time in the kitchen over the last several weeks. I haven't done this much baking, well ever! I just keep seeing more and more things I want to make and I've loved putting my own spin on decorating. We may be 10 pounds heavier, but who cares! Life is short, eat dessert first!

Here is just a sampling of things I've been working on lately.

Cake Pops:
Who knows how much longer the craze will continue, but I am crazy for these little bites of heaven. Sure they take forever to make, but it is so much fun figure out how! As you know, I made some for my friends bridal shower, my husbands non-birthday party and just for fun to practice. I can't wait to decorate for Halloween! So many ideas!! (No worries though. I will be decorating beforet that!)





 

Cakes and Cupcakes:
With the Fourth of July holiday earlier in the week, I was inspired by the colors of our flag and some recipes I found. I was super nervous about how the cake would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised! I add pinwheels to decorate the cake. I had seriously thought of adding sparkles, but it wasn't dark enough to show off the light when we cut into the cake.

 
 

What's next for this baker? Sugar cookie cutouts decorated with royal icing! I love the idea of themed cookies taking on a more 3-D appearance once decorated. Now, what theme shall I go with? Summer has so many options! Off to the kitchen....

No comments: