Monday, June 27, 2011

McKinley

McKinley Edward Krasnow

This is McKinley, my inspiration behind the blog. He is our one and only and we waited almost eight years to start this little family. Boy, was he worth the wait! McKinley came into our lives on Wednesday April 6th, 2011 and has been an absolute joy. Everyone tells you it is a love like no other but you can never understand it until it actually happens to you. Other than my husband, he is the love of my life!

I am on my final week of maternity leave and it is killing me to have to leave him starting next Tuesday. I know he will be in excellent hands, as my parents will be his full-time sitters, but it is so hard to think that someone else will be raising him in my absence. During his 3:00 A.M. bottle this morning, I found myself crying at the thought of leaving him and I asked him if he would remember me at the end of each day. He looked at me through tired eyes, as he sucked away on his formula, and I can only imagine he was saying "but of course". 

That's when I decided to start this journal about my time with him, and Joel's too, so that I feel like I'm not losing eight hours a day without him. Instead, I can recall all my time spent with him, the accomplishments he's made with our assistance, the adventures we've been on or will create over time as we continue on this incredible journey called parenthood! I hope you follow along with us.

No comments: