Thursday, June 9, 2011

Waist Not, Want Not


Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft;
Shoes: Rachel Comey via Anthropologie;
Bracelets: Target

Well, I want my waist back! I have truly enjoyed re-discovering my closet, but what I haven't enjoyed is not being able to wear most of it! I have to keep reminding myself that McKinley is only two months old. It took nine months to put on the weight so why should I think it will take only two to shed? I can't complain though. I only have 10 more pounds to go!


 With that being said, I grabbed this blouse without even looking at the size, as I was spending the day at my mom's and planned to shower and dress there. Because of that, I had to wear what I brought. I don't think the fit is horrible. It's a little more snug than I would have liked, but I like that the ruching creates more of a waist than what I have at this time. If you, like me, are looking to create a waist, shop for a similar style. It really does help. Another way to slim down your look is by adding a dark wash jean. I brought along my dark wash capri's but went with the light wash for a more casual look. I'm thinking I would have preferred the darker color with the stark shirt and darkish shoes.

Because of the ruffles on the blouse, I didn't need a necklace so I relied on earrings and bangles as my only accessories. My shoes were the color concept for the ensemble so I added my fun, orange beaded bangles. When most of your outfit is so neutral you need to add pops of color. Shoes and accessories are ideal.


I love these shoes! Purchased last season by mom, I wore them earlier this year but didn't get a great photo. Because of the orange and navy color block, they are great for both summer and fall. Again, fun shoes like these make the perfect accent when jazzing up your wardrobe!

No comments: