Thursday, June 9, 2011

Art Deco in 2011


Top: Anthropologie; Jeans: Joe's Jeans via Anthropologie;
Shoes: Steve Madden Luxe via DSW
Belt: Anthropologie

Although I purchased this top in 2009, Art Deco inspired designs are still relevant in 2011. I love that fashion designers draw inspiration from fashion eras of the past. That's exactly what inspired me to start my blog!

 

This top continues to be one of my favorites. The detailed neckline, the pom-pom accents on the sleeve, the pleats surrounding the bottom all make for a timeless item. What you don't see is that the bodice houses an elastic band that creates an empire waist. I've actually never worn the top with the elastic exposed. In all honestly, I've never worn it without this belt! I think I might need to change things up going forward. At this particular moment, I love this top immensely because it hides the muffin top that is taking place! The jeans just fit which is why I will not wear them with anything that isn't flowy! 

What can I say about these shoes? AMAZING! The photo doesn't do them justice. They are actually a deep brown that almost appears a little on the army green side. I also love that Kelly Ripa has them, only hers are in a creamy taupe. I love that a talk show host sports my same shoe! It only shows that I can hang with someone who has a stylist! I guess I don't need one!


Photo on left courtesy of runzwithscissors
Photo on right courtesy of mypassporttostyle

No comments: