Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning


Jacket: Anthropologie; T-Shirt: Target: Boyfriend Jeans: Banana Republic
Shoes: Urban Outfitters: Grey Pearl Necklace: Made by Me;
 Heart/Peace Necklace: Dogearred

Sunday's are typically our laying around in the morning, running to the store in the afternoon and heading to my parents for family dinner night day. On this particular Sunday, not much was different, except it was Tony Award Sunday! We had a couple of friends over to watch and I wanted to look cute but still be comfortable. That can be achieved, you know. You don't have to wear your pajama pants to be comfortable, but you don't have to dress up to look cute. There is a happy medium and I think I created that with this look.

The jacket is actually from a pajama set so I guess I am technically wearing my pajama's. But let's be real. This looks nothing like a pajama top! The sweet bird motif is my favorite part. And it has pockets! I'm a HUGE fan of pockets. I paired it with a long sleeved t-shirt, but it would look cute with a little tank in a pale pink or cream hue.

The woven oxfords were purchased last season and I introduced them early in blog. Oxfords are still a big spring/summer trend so they were an investment at $8! Check out the first look here and guess what, I'm still wearing those boyfriend jeans I purchased last season as well.

When looking for accessories, I stumbled on the grey, freshwater pearl necklace I made a couple of years ago and finally found the heart/peace sign necklace I've been searching every for for months. I really liked the delicate layered look of the necklaces. 


How cute is this little bobby pin I found last week? It's a set of two and I see a DIY project in my future. I'm pretty sure I can replicate this look and not spend $13 in products! It was worth the investment though. I wore them all weekend. Again, just another little detail you can add to complete your look. It "finishes" my updo by adding just a bit of polish. It's little things like this that I think make a statement. 


How would you make a casual Sunday look cute?

No comments: