Thursday, January 28, 2016

Dressing for Home

Sweater: Piperlime (cute option); Shirt: J.Crew Factory; Jeans: Loft (similar); 
Booties: Sam Edelman; Shades: Prada; Jewelry: Stella & Dot

This is probably one of my favorites sweaters, and yes, I say that about almost all of my sweaters. I've always been a sweater girl, but there is something about this one. I've styled it so many ways with a simple black t-neck, that I wanted something a little different. A plain white tee would be too much of a stark color. It's WAY too cold to think about wearing it sleeveless, and to be honest, I'm not sure I could ever wear it sleeveless. I think the wool would drive me crazy. Then I had a revelation. What about pairing it with my denim shirt? Perfection!

Another great thing about this look is that I wore it while working! That's right, this girl had a trunk show last night, only it wasn't in someone's living room, it was virtual. Okay, someone may have been in their living room or kitchen or in bed for the night, but this girl was parked on her couch working from her den. My awesome job allows me to work from home, when I can, and wear something as casual as this. However, I think it's the perfect look. It's not too casual, but not too dressy for being at home, and it's the best way to work....in my opinion!




The Sweater: Before and After

     
 

My rule of thumb when working from home, get up and get dressed as if you were going into an office. I could have gone the lazy route and just played the part, but instead I showered, did my hair, applied makeup, and got dressed for the day. I did a little work before the show and felt more productive because I felt the part. And when it came to the party, I was ready to take on the night!

If you work from home, what do you do to get your mind the game? I would love for you to share your motivational tips! 

No comments: