Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday Wants: Spring Shopping

As you know, I'm stripes obsessed! I think they make up 75% of my wardrobe! They are an easy pattern to style with other patterns. They make a great layering piece. And they really are a good wardrobe neutral. If you don't have anything striped, you must add it to your closet immediately.

I pulled this look together for a recent Stella & Dot virtual trunk show. I adore it and I really think I need to invest in the top. (I already own the booties.) I have a hat that's similar and I know I can come up with jeans. (However, I'm on the hunt for new jeans. All my boyfriend jeans have somewhat bitten the dust.) All in all, the top would be the only piece I need to order. I think this is a spring must-have look!

Top: Boden; Jeans: Boden; Hat: Target; Booties: Vince Camuto

However, you can switch out the top for sweaters and make it a late winter look that's lighter in color and texture. I'm already tired of my heavy sweaters and ready for a true change in pace and wardrobe! I love the open cardigan of this one from Loft. It would be cute over my jumpsuit from earlier in the week or with jeans and a cami. 


But then there's this gorgeous top from Anthropologie! I love the criss-cross front of the blouse. Shows a little skin but not enough that it can't be work appropriate. 
Styling Tip: When wearing low V-Neck tops or ones with a criss-cross cut like the one below to work, add a jacket or blazer. And keep your jewelry at your collar bone. You want to keep the attention at your face. Or maybe add a chandelier earring. 


I definitely think all of these pieces can be worn now and taken straight into spring. Being able to paired them with cute skirts, or shorts when it's warmer, add to their appeal. This is the time to start shopping for your transitional pieces and I think these are the perfect start! 

Get out there and start browsing for your spring must-haves. I know I have!

Happy Wednesday, Fashionista's!

No comments: