Friday, January 15, 2016

A Day with McKinley

Poncho: Tahari (cute option/60% off), T-Neck: Kohls; Jeans: Loft (similar); Sneakers: Converse;
Hat: J.Crew; Scarf: My Mom Made; All Jewelry: Stella & Dot; Lip Color: NARS Shanghai Express

Yesterday McKinley and I took total advantage of a January day that reached the upper 50s! We spent four hours at the zoo and enjoyed every minute of it. The animals were out in full force and some were out to play! And it was so quiet. There were several families out, but we never seemed crowded at any of the exhibits. McKinley and I were able to spend time where we wanted, discussed the animals he had questions about, and just spent quality time with one another on a truly beautiful day. It was simply the best day! 

Because the day started out in the low 40s, I went with tons of layers! I am literally wearing three tops! A long sleeved white tee, a cashmere turtleneck, and the wool striped poncho. I added the long scarf at the last minute and so glad I did! I was comfortably warm all day! I love the pop of color with the burgundy hat and sneaker. And let's be honest, just because I was at the zoo doesn't mean I can't be chic, so I added my new chandalier earrings and leather bracelet from the new Stella & Dot spring line. Aren't they fab?





The Sweater: Before and After

   


Happy Friday, Fashionista's! I hope you have a grand weekend planned. See you all back here next week!

No comments: