Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The New Fanny Pack

In the 80s we called it a Fanny Pack and it was the number one accessory among tourists, other than a camera. It was the way to go hands-free during your trip and it came in a large array of cotton and nylon designs. In a word, ugly! 

Today, designers are updating the "fanny pack" to a be a more sleek and stylish way of going hands-free and it is the must-have item for spring. As an on-the-go mom, I rarely carry a handbag when I have McKinley with me. If it doesn't fit in the diaper bag, or the cross-body bag I carry when I want something a little smaller, I don't pack it. I'm seriously considering investing in this trendy bag. And, anything that doubles as a cool belt can't be all bad, right? 

Here are just a few that I like!

The Rachel Zoe Belt Bag is the epitome of chic! I love the brass hardware and tough black leather. Definitely a front runner.




Michael Kors seems to have the market on a belt bag! Just look at the leather, details and funky designs! Something for everyone. I personally love the brown pouch on the bottom right corner!






Lastly is the Gucci belt bag. If you go designer, go Gucci! And it's chocked full of original details like the brown double G's and their red and green signature stripe. I also love that it has a zipper on one side and a flap on the other. Double the stuff you take along!


 What do you think of the new trend? Would you wear the new and improved Fanny Pack? Based on the style above, the Belt Bag just might make its way into my closet among all the other handbags I own!

Check out ShopStyle for the Rachel Zoe and Michael Kors bags. Nieman Marcus for the Gucci!



The Rachel Zoe bag photo courtesy of Bravo TV.

No comments: