Monday, April 22, 2013

Fresh Picks - The Floral Suit

The floral suit. A trendy, whimsical option if you aren't into the stiff feel of what a traditional suit might offer. At first I thought I would totally invest in the trend, but now I'm really on the fence. Will this be something I can take from spring to fall? Will it be around next season? Will I care if it's not on-trend for next season and just embrace the fact that it's a lovely suit with tons of options?

While I'm still trying to make the decision, I've been browsing several different looks. One of my favorite looks is completely sold out so I'm thinking I might need to jump on the band wagon and soon. These pieces may not be around much longer!

This suit from Ann Taylor is an amazing pop of color in royal blue! The blazer would look amazing paired with white pants or shorts! Pair the pant with just about anything. Just make sure it's a solid!


I love this suit from ASOS. The only problem is that it's completely sold out! Too bad because this is the suit I would have invested in! I can tell you that Krystal Bick, over at This Time Tomorrow, looked fab when rocking said suit!


I love the soft lavender of this suit from Banana Republic and what make it so unique is that it's shorts! So many options with this one. I wouldn't wear it to work but would wear each piece in various ways. A shorts suit would be darling on the weekend for baby/wedding showers, dinner and cocktails.


Okay, okay, this might not be an actual floral design, but OMG! The detail and design is simply amazing! To me, this couture and it's from Anthropologie! Seriously need to own this exquisite piece!


Then there is just a piece of floral that can be worn multiple ways! A blazer is great with jeans, skirts, over a dress or with pants or shorts. I'm loving these below.

This jacket is from Forever21 and I would never have believed it! Coming in at under $30, this is an investment if you think this is just a 2013 spring trend!


This blazer, from Piperlime, is definitely whimsy in design and little on the dressy side. Still totally wearable for a casual look on the weekend but it definitely ups the wow factor!


What are your thoughts on the floral trend? Too much or just right? Would you wear it all or just one piece? Let's discuss! Happy Monday, trendsetters!

No comments: