Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year

It's a new year for the Krasnow's, and as I think back over 2011, I can't help being sad to see it end. We have so many amazing things ahead of us this year, but 2011 is year that can never be matched. And for one simple reason really, the birth of our son McKinley Edward. McKinley has brought unbelievable joy to my life, a constant smile to my face and a love to my heart that I have never known. I feel so honored to be his mother and so blessed that he picked me to be his mommy. 


As we enter 2012, McKinley will turn nine months old six days in. I can't believe how the time has flown! He's growing like a weed, learning something new everyday and all the while keeping us constantly entertained. He is an amazing traveler. He barely batted an eye on a five hour rode trip, his first, and took it all in stride when traveling cross country later that summer. He thrives on a changing environment and grows weary when he's been in the same place to long. A little man after my own heart! Joel and I are thinking of vacation destinations for later this year and I believe one or two may involve flight. I know McKinley will be up for the challenge.

Not wanting to rush things, but we will soon have a mobile baby on our hands. Watch out world! He's currently crawling backwards, but I'm sure the fast forward button is on the horizon. He's also a foodie. So far he's enjoyed homemade apple butter, chocolate cake, lemon bar filling, gravy and biscuits and cheeseburgers. Not too shabby for an eight month palette. I can't wait to see what's on the menu over the next few months. Those taste buds are constantly evolving!

The biggest thing I look forward to in the coming months, those leading up to his first birthday, is the ever growing bond between us. I often ask McKinley if he loves me as much as I love him and he responds by patting me, pulling my hair or touching my face. In my world that means yes and I will take it every time! He may not say "mama" all the time, but those small gestures mean more than words ever could. In 2011, he is the best thing I could have ever done!

No comments: