Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Winter Essentials

Winter has finally arrived here in the Midwest, and even though I mentally thought I was ready, I so wasn't! I've been working with my wardrobe to combat the cold and I think I've come up with some fail safe pieces that I call winter essentials!

1) A heavy cardigan will feel like a warm blanket!
2) Layer your sweater with a t-neck or a denim shirt or both.
3) Leggings will keep your legs warmer than lined trousers. You won't feel that lining hitting your legs during wind gusts!
4) Tall boots continue to keep your legs warm and add just enough toughness to the look.
5) Little accents here and there like sunglasses, doubled up rings, a fun pendant and a rich hued handbag. I'm currently carrying a hunter green bag, and love how it goes with everything in my closet! (Seen here)

See below how I wore it!


Winter Essentials




Sweater: Design History via Gilt; T-Neck: Target;
Leggings: INC at Macy's; Boots: Halogen via Nordstrom;
"M" pendant: Tiffany (gift); Earrings: gift;
Rings: Tiffany
 



1 comment:

Tina Morrison said...

That sweater looks beautiful, warm, and cozy - perfect for winter!