Monday, January 23, 2012

Future Posts

In my post, New Year, I asked you readers what you might want to see from me in the coming year. I received an awesome comment from one of you with a list of ideas! In reviewing the list, seen below, there are several key points that I would really like to hit on, but there are others that probably won't make the cut.

The List:
~a look for under $50
~under $25
~a look found at a consignment store
~a look found solely at a thrift store
~how you stay within a style budget
~maybe a couple of blogs on make-up choices/application for work, night out, etc.
~a look for different sized women (maybe you could bring in a couple of friends of various sizes, and dress them--a before/after makeover session)
~a blog on how you helped organize someone's closet and pair the clothing they already have
~a list of your favorite stores, what you like there, and why

 I plan to tackle:
~a look for under $50
~under $25
 ~how you stay within a style budget
~maybe a couple of blogs on make-up choices/application for work, night out, etc.
~a blog on how you helped organize someone's closet and pair the clothing they already have
~a list of your favorite stores, what you like there, and why

I love the idea of looks found at a consignment store and thrift store. However, it is probably something I won't do. If I'm staying within my owning styling budget, I probably wouldn't shop at places where I won't actually wear the clothes repeatedly. There are several bloggers I follow who do shop consignment and thrift stores and I will definitely provide links to their sites. I will shop vintage from time to time. Does that count? I have to stay true to my own style esthetic first and foremost.

I also love the idea a look for different sized women (maybe you could bring in a couple of friends of various sizes, and dress them--a before/after makeover session) and if anyone wants to volunteer, that would be great. I would hate to ask someone to do that. It might not be their cup of tea. I can, however, take a look worn by someone in their mid-thirties (me) and pair that same look for someone in their early 60s. Mom, I am calling on you for this task and I know exactly what I'll style! 

 Stay tuned for future posts. This is an exciting task and one I am ready to tackle! 

No comments: