Thursday, January 26, 2012

DIY Beauty and a Dry Bar Experience


I've been reading Refinery 29 for several months now and they are a wealth of knowledge to all things fashion and beauty! I receive daily emails, several times a day, and I also follow them on Twitter. Today I received an email regarding a Smoky Eye Video Tutorial - The Two Step Process. I am always interested in learning new techniques, especially when it comes to creating a smoky eye. This is an area I haven't mastered and one I want to!


The gal giving the tutorial, Taylor Barringer, is ADORABLE and just what you imagine when you think of a contributing writer to an online fashion magazine/blog. Also, check out her Under One Minute Updo. Super cute, super fast and super doable!



 And speaking of hair styles, have you heard of the uber-trendy Dry Bar? I've read about it several times, and earlier this week a blogger that I follow Tweeted about the salon. The salon offers only blow outs and for only $35! Trust me when I tell you, that's a deal! Not only do they wash and dry your hair, you get an amazing experience. Or at least that's what I read in A Cup of Jo's My One-Day Hair Makeover. You are provided a menu of hairstyles, an in-salon movie along with cookies and a beverage. Again, all for $35. And how adorable is the salon?



Here's hoping we get a Drybar in KC! This naturally curly hair is screaming for such an experience!

Photo of Taylor Barringer courtesy of Refinery 29.

Photos of Drybar courtesy of Drybar.

No comments: