Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year


It is another new year and I have so many things that I would love to personally achieve. One major focus is this blog. I really want my readers to find it useful and inspiring. And with that being said, I would love to receive feedback from you on what you want to see and/or read each day. I will continue to take photos of looks I think are fun, creative and easy to re-create. And, I will continue to throw in looks that are edgy, trendy and inspirational to me.









One major goal I have is to pair down my closet and really get to a place where I have clothing I know I wear either daily or often. Not necessarily organization, but to really examine my pieces and truly think about how often I wear them, how dated is the look and is it something that I still love. If it doesn't meet any of those criteria, it's out! Same goes with accessories such as handbags, scarves and jewelry. As for shoes, I'm constantly recycling and ridding myself of styles I know I don't wear. My closet, and style, are ever evolving and I really need to ensure it looks the part.

(The above closet has since been cleaned and organized!) 
 
(This one pretty much looks like this now.)

What do you have planned for your closet this year? Will you do the same as far as cleaning out or will you fill it with something new, bold and out of your comfort zone? Do you have a fashion challenge for yourself? Do you have a fashion challenge for me? I'm always trying to challenge myself, but would love to hear from you as well. I look forward to what the year brings regarding fashion and how I might incorporate it. I also look forward to where the direction my blog might go. I look to you as readers for support and guidance!
Happy New Year! 

Pins courtesy of Pinterest.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm loving your blogs! I had some ideas for the new year. There's a lot of them, so get ready!
I'd like to see a financial fashion series:
~a look for under $50
~under $25
~a look found at a consignment store
~a look found solely at a thrift store
~how you stay within a style budget
maybe a couple of blogs on make-up choices/application for work, night out, etc.
~a look for different sized women (maybe you could bring in a couple of friends of various sizes, and dress them--a before/after makeover session)
~a blog on how you helped organize someone's closet and pair the clothing they already have
~a list of your favorite stores, what you like there, and why.

Like I said your blogs are great, and I definitely use the fashion advice!

Style My Way said...

Thanks for all the great ideas!! I am going to start working on those. My main concern will be:
*Staying within a style budget (since I don't seem to have one)
* A look solely found at a thrift store. I'm not a thrifter, but I can direct you to bloggers who are amazing at it!

Look for new posts to come!