Monday, October 17, 2011

Long Time No Talk

    

It has been ages since I've blogged! Things have been crazy around here and I apologize. I'm hoping that we are back on track for the month of October! As most of you know, I was honored to be a bridesmaid in my friend Julie's wedding and I've tried to track the outfits that I've worn to several of the events. There have been two additional events, the Bachelorette Party and the Rehearsal Dinner, but they weren't caught on "film" they way most of my blog photos are. Remember film? You had to load the camera, take pictures of random things at the end of the roll so you could take it to get developed and then wait a week before 24 hour processing became available! Ah, the good ol' days!

I digress. I did get a photo or two of the rehearsal dinner dress (but I'm pictured with tons of people) and a top half photo from the Bachelorette party. I'm providing you photos of myself with friends and the bride herself. Consider these real life photos instead of editorial!

The Bachelorette Party:

For the Bachelorette Party, we went to dinner on the Country Club Plaza. We had fabulous Italian food, several glasses of wine and watched our bride-to-be open box after box of lingerie. Because this wasn't a typical night out on the Plaza, I decided I needed to sparkle. I love this MICHAEL by Michael Kors dress and can't wait to wear it again. I paired it with some fun Jessica Simpson platforms and wide bangle from Ann Taylor.





The Rehearsal Dinner:

For the rehearsal dinner, I wanted to keep my look a little on the sophisticated side. Since I went all out for the Bachelorette party, I needed to reign it. I found this long sleeved Theory mini on Rue La La. I had originally planned to wear it with it my Steven by Steve Madden hot pink suede pumps, but the pink stuck out like a sore thumb! Instead, I went for the ever classic Manolo Blahnik Mary Jane. The only bling to my look was a sequined cross body clutch from Kate Spade.



With all the events now over, I'm not sure what I'm going to do without something to plan for wardrobe wise! It was so fun planning and preparing for showers, parties and dinner! Now, getting dressed for work is going to be so BORING! I wonder who I can add some zazzle to those creations?

No comments: