Monday, November 29, 2010

Just Not Loving It



Jacket: Vintage from Dad’s closet; Dress: Habitat Shoe Boutique; Tights: Target; Boots: Steve Madden; Bracelet: Part of the Shoe Girl Designs collection (a jewelry company I owned and designed exclusively several years ago)


As I was getting dressed this morning, I knew I wanted to wear flats because I spent the entire day on my feet yesterday, and I had a couple of options picked out in my head. This dress has been worn recently, not captured in photos, but I wanted to change it up a bit. Instead of dark brown tights and tall, chocolate brown boots, I wanted to make the look a little lighter. When purchasing the cream tights, the dress was much lighter in my mind. Instead, it’s more of an oatmeal color. I knew the cognac boots would work well with the flecks of light brown in the dress, but I’m still on the fence about the tights! Since I was running late, I didn’t have time to change, and decided to just go with it.


I added my dad’s denim jacket from the early 1970s and muted gold jewelry. I think this entire outfit gives off a 70s vibe, but just not loving the whole concept. I’m thinking that when I wear this dress again, I will sport the all chocolate look until I can I find the right look for the cognac boots. Maybe it’s a tightsless look, but it was too cool for that this morning.


Ever have one of those mornings where the outfit just doesn’t feel right but you just have to get out the door?

No comments: