Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Spotlight on Habitat Shoe Boutique

Quite often I’m asked, “Where do you shop”, and to be honest I shop everywhere! However, there are several small boutiques within the metro that I love to frequent. They each carry unique designers, select sizes and have their own personality. Their store fronts, internal fixtures, and background music all lend themselves to unique touches that make them worth checking out. This is the first in a series of posts based on the boutiques I love to shop.



My favorite place to shop for shoes is Habitat Shoe Boutique. Originally located in the Crossroads District, it’s now in the 119 Shopping Center off of Roe and 119th Street. They carry limited designers and sizes, but what they do carry is amazing! Their motto, “We don’t sell shoes based on trends or socialites. We sell the shoes we love.” My favorite of their brands is the Chie Mihara line. I own several pairs and each one is as unique as the other. The designs are low key, but there are details within the shoes that make them standout. I also love the wider heel. It’s a nice alternative to the skinny heels I often sport. Every time I wear them, I receive tons of compliments.


Other lines include: Seychelles, Cynthia Vincent, J Shoes, Tsubo and Fry, just to name a few. Their men’s line of shoes are great as well. They run from rugged outdoorsy to trendy chic. They also offer a wide variety of tennis shoes. Basically, there are shoes for both genders and all style seekers within this industrial type space.



My most recent Chie Mihara purchase. I love the fringe around the shoe.



Chie Mihara from last season. I love the heels! There are tiny, silver dots scattered all over the heel that I couldn’t capture on film.



Chie Mihara from several seasons ago. I love the folded leather across the toe.


In addition to shoes, they offer clothing and darling accessories. Again, both male and female lines are available. The designs are clean and carry minimal details. On my recent visit, I fell in love with a basic black dress with a cutout back and a collar that created a cape effect over the shoulders. Perfect for a night at the theater, dinner with friends and the impending holidays. I purchased a darling sweater dress last winter and pulled it out last week. I love pairing it with tights and tall boots, but I’m playing around with adding ankle boots for a more on trend approach.


If you haven’t stopped by Habitat, you owe yourself a visit. Owned by a husband and wife team, the vibe of the store is laid back and super friendly. They host several events through out the year so make sure you sign up for their mailing list. You won’t be sorry you did!


Photo Credit of Habitat Shoe Boutique store front: The Spree

No comments: