Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Comfort That's Work/Errand Approved

I love to dress down just as much as the next person, however, I still like to be cute and trendy. I believe that just because you’re out and about on a weekend day, grocery shopping or carting kids from one event to the other, you have to sacrifice fashion for comfort. Instead of your standard jeans, graphic tee/sweatshirt and tennis shoes, try adding a sweater and cute flats. I’m currently trying to master apparel that is both casual Friday and weekend errand appropriate and I think these two outfits just might do the trick.


Yesterday was my eight year wedding anniversary and we spent the day at the Kansas City Zoo. It was a gorgeous fall day, temps in the high 60s, but there was a constant breeze. I decided to toss my military jacket in the car and so glad I did. By the time we were ready to call it quits, the wind had picked up and created quite the chill. Later that evening we headed to dinner at Stroud’s and I love how my look took me from day to night without compromising comfort. I would wear this to work on a casual Friday and dress the whole thing up with brown boots or tan oxfords versus the cute Born tennis shoes.





Military Jacket: Banana Republic; Top: Gillian and O’Malley; Scarf: Gift; Earrings: Banana Republic; Jeans: Liz Lange Maternity; Shoes: Born


Even though today’s not casual Friday, I decided to be a rebel and wear jeans anyway. I am still on the look out for a pair of brown or camel maternity pants, and until that day arrives, I will just wear jeans. The sweater is thin but warm enough that I didn’t really need a standard t-neck or t-shirt for layering. Instead, I opted for a darling lace top and I love the hint of femininity it suggests. It adds additional detail but doesn’t take away from the sweaters buttons. For work, the lug soled boots are perfect, but for a day of walking I would substitute my adorable chocolate, suede booties. The heels are much lower and a little more comfortable.







Sweater: Kensie; Top: Ella Moss: Jeans: Joe’s Jeans; Boots: Ann Taylor Loft 


Again, you don’t have to sacrifice fashion for comfort. You just need to find your own spin on the concept. We all get in a rut from time to time, including myself, but give it try this weekend. Going to the grocery store? Throw on some dark jeans, a comfy sweater, cute shoes and some jewels. You don’t even have to shower if you don’t want to. No one will know the difference! All they will notice is how cute you look while out and about and will wish they had taken the time as well.

No comments: