Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Butterflies Are Free to Fly.....

Jacket: My DIY (field jacket here); Top: LC Lauren Conrad (similar); Jeans: Loft;
Sandals: Marc Fisher via DSW; Handbag/Shades/Jewelry: Stella & Dot;
Nail Polish: 5th Ave Essie

This jacket! Let's just talk about this jacket. I'm obsessed with how this turned out!  Do you remember when I blogged about making it? Well, I finished it that week and I've worn almost daily since then. My mom photographed the first wearing, but from the angle of the camera, my head was bigger than my body! Not a flattering look. And, every time I've worn it since then, I simply haven't had a chance to take blog pics. Life is crazy and April was insane! Just trust me, and anyone who's come in contact with me over the last month, when I tell you that this jacket is like my second skin. Second skin to that linen tee from Target! (Which I wear under this jacket almost every wearing!)

 My other obsession these days are these jeans! I'm not sure if anyone else is embracing the high-waisted jean craze, but this girl is! I wasn't so sure upon my first wearing, but I assure you, I wear them just as often as I wear the linen tee and jacket! They are super comfy, the perfect length of all of my booties and sandals, and I think pretty flattering. I wish I owned about ten pairs! I love them that much! This whole look screams what I'm living in and living for in my every day fashion. If this is how a mama dresses, then I'm totally on trend!


 
 



I'm working on a few more fashion related DIY projects and I can't wait to share the how-tos and stylings with you! I love up-cycling a piece that I haven't worn in ages! And, it's simply fun to do!

We are off for a mama and McKinley day! We haven't had one for a while. Looking forward to a day at Crown Center. Who knows what trouble we can get into on a Tuesday.

See you back here tomorrow!

No comments: