Monday, May 9, 2016

DIY Preview......

Good Morning and Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did. We were busy enjoying the gorgeous weather on Saturday and spent a fabulous Mother's Day together. Just the weekend anyone could hope for.

So here we are on another Monday morning and I'm bringing you a little DIY preview. I was hoping to work on these last week, I even made a trip to Michael's to get all of my supplies, but when I got home I couldn't find my Mod Podge! So bummed! So instead of blogging about a completed project, I thought I would show you what I hope to do! 

Do you remember these shoes? I worked on them back in 2013, and I loved how they turned out, but they didn't stand the test of time....or walking! After all the primer, paint, and sealer, the paint still peeled off after the first couple of steps.



If you look closely, you can see the crease marks. I was so disappointed. And I apparently put them under the bed and forgot about them. How do I know they were under the bed? I found them just the other day. And I still loved them, but knew I just couldn't wear them in the condition they were in. So, I had an idea.....




Let's throw some silver glitter on them! Okay, I won't just throw glitter on them, I will paint glitter on them using the method from the glitter tennis shoes I replicated from Honestly....WTF tutorial in 2012! I think it could totally work. Fingers crossed! 

Hoping to get these little guys finished by the end of the week, but we all know how the best laid plans can go..... It could be next month! 

See you back here tomorrow!

No comments: