Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Beauty - High Heels and a New Lip Color

 Dress: Target (similar); Belt: Ann Taylor (similar); Booties: Ann Taylor (similar); 
Handbag: Kooba (similar); Necklace: The Zoe Collective; 
Bracelets: Jessica Simpson/Fossel/(similar)Gift;
Shades: Prada (gift/similar); Lip Color: Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Lovesick

I know that in my Friday Beauty posts I normally bring you some kind of product I'm currently using or interested in trying. But today, I'm talking about what makes me feel beauty and that is wearing high heels! I've worn heels for years and I kind of took them for granted. They were just another pair of shoes I wore to work, out to dinner, for a girls night, or shopping. Now, I wear them on special occasions or days I know I'm not going to the zoo, the farmstead, or anywhere that McKinley and I might go. And I miss wearing them. I feel like I'm neglecting my heel collection!

Over the past week, I've had the opportunity to wear heels twice and I've loved it. And in today's look, I felt especially beautiful. Maybe it was the awesome day I had with my son, the cute sundress, or the fact that I wore heels. It was a combination that just worked. I know it will sound completely superficial, but when I put on a pair of heels, I just feel different. More confident. More womanly. More beautiful.


 


 

Dress: Target (similar); Belt: Ann Taylor (similar); Booties: Ann Taylor (similar); 
Handbag: Kooba (similar); Necklace: The Zoe Collective; 
Bracelets: Jessica Simpson/Fossel/(similar)Gift;
Shades: Prada (gift/similar); Lip Color: Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Lovesick

A cute dress doesn't hurt either. And I can't talk about Friday Beauty without talking about my new Revlon lip color. I love it! I purchased the Colorburst Matte Balm in Striking a while back and really like it. So much that I decided to try another. Recently, I purchased the Colorbust Balm Stain in Lovesick. I love how it feels when you first apply. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave a sticky residue. And it actually stains the lip. I don't need to reapply often. It leave my lips a slight pinky hue and still feels as smooth as when I applied. Definitely worth the purchase!

What makes you feel beautiful? Is it a new pair of shoes? A fun lip color? Or something super easy like rolling the windows down and just letting your hair blow in the breeze? That's a good one too! That carefree summer feeling makes just about anyone feel beautiful, no?

Happy Friday, Beauties!

No comments: