Monday, June 8, 2015

A Day of Play

 Top: Anthropologie (similar); Jeans: Loft (similar/under $30); Sandals: Rachel Zoe;
Sunglasses: Karen Walker via Gilt; Earrings: Gorjana (similar)

Last Thursday McKinley and I head to Crown Center to play. It was supposed to rain, on our way down the sky was as dark as midnight, but not one single drop fell. I hate we missed a day without rain so we could play outdoors, but I'm glad we went. We had so much fun. We again dined at his favorite restaurant, and saw the model trains that run year round at Union Station, but we went specifically to check out the new interactive Storyland exhibit. It was pretty cool. A 3-D play land of seven childhood favorite storybooks that allowed the kids a chance to explore, play, and read in life size books. McKinley had a ball.

I wanted to keep my look super simple and really comfy. When you're chasing your four year old around a child filled room, you need something that allows for tons of movement. I don't wear this top very often. I'm always fearful I'll spill something on it, rip the delicate cut-out details, or rip off one of the tiny beads. But I threw caution to the wind and just went for it! Why wait to wear things, right? I added my favorite boyfriend jeans and the sandals of the moment and headed out for a day of play!




 

Top: Anthropologie (similar); Jeans: Loft (similar/under $30); Sandals: Rachel Zoe;
Sunglasses: Karen Walker via Gilt; Earrings: Gorjana (similar)
 
I hope you guys had an awesome weekend. Ours wasn't so much! A sick little boy put a damper on all of our plans, but he seems to be feeling a little better this morning. Let's hope he's on the mend!

Happy Monday, Fashionista's!

No comments: