Monday, June 15, 2015

Crisp Summer Look

 Top: Piperlime (similar here and here); Shorts: JCPenney (under $15); Heels: Banana Republic;
Necklaces: Silpada/Ann Taylor; Handbag: MbyMJ; Shades: Karen Walker via Gilt

I had a grown up meeting on Friday morning and I couldn't wait to get dressed, put on makeup, and wear heels! It felt amazing! I had two looks in mind and opted for this one. It felt a little more appropriate for the setting. And, I've been dying to sport this look. 

I got the top during the Piperlime final sale, and would have purchased the matching skirt had they had my size. I loved the fit immediately, but worried I would have a hard time finding something to pair with it. As you can see, it's a crop top, so the bottoms had to be on the high-waisted side. I didn't want to show much skin, if any at all. Turns out, I found these shorts, a cute white skirt, and a pair navy shorts. And I think my white boyfriend jeans might work as well. Oh, and for fall, my navy leather skirt looks fab! I know, I know. Navy's are hard to match. Good thing this top has white stripes running through it. Helps break up the navy on navy look!

Styling Tip: Anyone of any age can wear a crop top. Look at me! I'm a 41 year old mom, who could stand to loss a little weight, and I'm sporting one! Just be strategic about your bottoms. Again, a high-waisted piece helps keep the tummy hidden, if you're not into showing much skin! And, I love that it's not fitted at the waist. It doesn't hug the places I'm unhappy with!


 



How lovely is this background? It's a really lovely apartment meeting courtyard just off the Plaza. I love finding quaint places like this in the city! It was so quiet. You had no idea tons of traffic was flying by!

I've got a week's worth of fun stuff coming to the blog this week! Can't wait to share it all with you!

Happy Monday, Fashionista's!

No comments: