Friday, October 31, 2014

I Heart Circles - Mixing Prints

Sweater: Target: Top: J.Crew (gift); Boyfriend Jeans: Ann Taylor (similar);
Booties: Rebecca Minkoff (similar); Scarf: Gift (similar); Shades: MbMJ; 
Lip Color: Chanel 40 La Sensuelle

I'm trying to get a little more creative with my wardrobe and styling things in ways I wouldn't normally. I think it's part of the challenge of being a style blogger. It's not just about staying current, but about reinventing your wardrobe and thinking outside the wardrobe box....or closet. I've been wanting to wear this heart print top for a while now, but I couldn't think of ways to style it without looking exactly like the other ways I've worn it. Then it came to me like a vision. Wear it under my J'Adore sweater. Get it? Love and hearts?

But then I started thinking about how I could mix it up. Add a circle print scarf! I went back and forth between the one I'm wearing and this one, but I really liked the more dynamic print of this scarf. And I simply "heart" how these two prints came together. 



Other ways I've styled the scarf.

  

I wanted to give you the option of seeing the heart top mixed with the graphic sweater. Still mixing prints, just in a more subtle way. 

Styling Tip: This is a great way to start playing around with mixed prints if you've been hesitant on how to style.


 

I'm really curious how the whole thing would look with this scarf. Honestly, it's my favorite in the collection. Don't be afraid of playing around with mixing up your prints. It can truly amp up a look instantly. And, it's the best way to remix that wardrobe!

Happy Halloween Fashionistas!

No comments: