Tuesday, October 7, 2014

KCFW Project Runway Shows - Casanova and Joshua McKinley

The amazing designs continued with Casanova and Joshua McKinley. Casanova brought us some incredible swimwear, some of which I only wish I could wear. And the models didn't help my self-esteem! However, the collection had me longing to be poolside especially in those chic see-through pants!
 




Joshua McKinley gave us bold, bright colors mixed with prints that ranged from stripes to animal to sequin leggings. Yes, I said sequin leggings and they were part of his menswear! Gotta a love a man who can rock sequin leggings! I loved the playful collection, especially the Metrocard clutch that I need STAT! Joshua McKinley, can you hook this wanna-be-city-girl up?


   
 

 


 Do you recognize this familiar face? When a fellow designer is down a model, you throw on the look and hit the runway! And that Anthony Ryan knows how to walk a runway!

   

 

 Side note: Laura Kathleen came out in this look at the end of the night. Nothing like being able to wear a runway look for a night out on the town!


 

The most memorable part of this runway show was seeing this sweet girl walk the runway. Elizabeth is a 19-year-old aspiring model who has been diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor. As part of her Make a Wish, Joshua McKinley had her walk in his show. And not only did she walk, she was the final model! She received a standing ovation from the crowd, hugs from Joshua, and I truly hope it made all of her wishes come true! You go Elizabeth!




Another amazing show!!

2 comments:

awhite said...

Elizabeth's story is so touching! Such a strong girl. :)

Great rundown, babe!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

bedlambrides said...

Love your recap girl! I wish I could have been there and see it myself! But can we talk about how fierce everyone looked! Amazing!

xo,
cait
Gussied Up Blog