Friday, October 10, 2014

Dream to Reality - Wearing a Laura Kathleen Design

 Top: Ann Taylor (on maj sale); Pants: Laura Kathleen; Heels: Calvin Klein (on sale);
Necklaces: Ann Taylor (on sale)/Tori Spelling; Bracelet: Ann Taylor

I never in a million years thought I would wear something that a designer created for a fashion week runway, but that's exactly what happened! Earlier in the spring, Laura Kathleen featured these pants in her KCFW runway for F/W 2014 and we were able to purchase pieces from the line. I jumped at the opportunity to nab them! That city scene! I think that's what drew me to them. I love how slimming they are and they're comfortably chic!

Laura and I chatted via Twitter before her arrival a couple of weeks ago and she hoped that the pants would ship and arrive before fashion week. Turns out, she brought them with her! Nothing like having your piece brought to you by the designer themselves. I went into immediate styling mode as I knew I would wear them for the Saturday evening shows. I wanted a top that would be as edgy as the pants. And something that would make a subtle statement. This top had all the elements I was looking for! Sleek, feminine, and it definitely left a statement!


 
 
  
 
I'm obsessed with creating my own statement necklace. The top one was purchased specifically for this look. The bottom is an all time fav. I love how it looks like one necklace. Play around with your pieces to create the statement you're going for. The best looks are the ones that happen by accident.



Thank you, Laura Kathleen, for designing such an amazing piece! Thank you for hand delivering it! It was an honor to wear your label during KCFW! I can't wait for more pieces to be added. And thanks for the sweet friendship! This was truly a Dream to Reality for this girl!

Photos courtesy of Megan of Chasing Davies.

No comments: