Friday, February 7, 2014

Dream to Reality - A New Designer Collaboration


Target is at it again! They have teamed up with designers Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos, the duo behind Peter Pilotto, and I can honestly say I don't know much about them. From what I have read, they are heavy handed in florals and mixed prints, or what some call are calling a "kaleidospocic print heavy designer duo". I haven't seen too many of their pieces on the runway or on major blog sites, but I have seen the lookbook (via Lucky) for their Target collection. I have decided this is something I need to add to my closet! Mark your calendars and set your alarms because the collection goes on sale this Sunday February 9th!

These looks are not for the mild. They are bold in design and print. They are fashion forward and edgy. They are elegant and a little girly. They are right up my alley! Take a look at some of my favorite pieces from the 60+ piece collection that will debut on February 9th! 

This dress is probably my favorite piece from the collection! I love the bold colors, the long sleeves, and flared skirt. 


Want something a little less obvious? This one is perfect! And the black and red trend is hot for spring.



This is actually two pieces, but I love how it looks like one! Talk about versatility! Two pieces equals so many ways to wear them separately. And this style of skirt is the new "It" skirt according to The Zoe Report.



Another two piece option! I love the shorts. I actually more into shorts now than I've ever been. Yes, they're perfect for summer, a must-have really, but I love that you can wear them to work if styled correctly. Like this below! But that blazer is darling and can be worn over a simple black dress for a pop of color or with skinny jeans and heels!


We continue the two piece trend below. Again, a more subtle print but just as bold as those above with the use of strong color.



Another "It" skirt, another two piece look, and I love the use of mixed prints! Afraid to try the trend on your own? Try one that's already done for you.



Lastly, it's the "It" top of 2014. The crop-top. I'm terrified of the crop-top, but after reading alternate ways to style it in this month's Lucky, I'm ready to try the trend!


What's even better? They've teamed up with Net-A-Porter so the collection will also be available internationally. This is the first time a collaboration such as this has gone outside the Target footprint! A trend that I hope continues!

What pieces would you buy from the collection? I'm swooning over the dresses! Can't wait to shop! 

Happy Friday Fashionistas!
XOXO

No comments: