Tuesday, February 11, 2014

NYFW - Milly Fall 2014

 I had the pleasure of watching Milly's Fall 2014 runway show via coverage provided by the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week site. I love that you get a front row seat to all the major shows with just a click of a button. However, it doesn't replace a front row seat, or any seat for the matter, which is why I will find a way to attend shows in person! Major life and blogging goal!

I was in love with Milly's collection from the first look! It was sleek, edgy, modern, vintage, and so relatable! I could see myself wearing pieces to work, on dates, on the weekends, and when traveling. I adored the fluffy fur, the fringy fur pants, the sequins, and the coats! OMG, the coats! They were stunning! I would throw out every coat I have just to fill my closet with these! So amazing!

I thought I would share with all of you, courtesy of Fab Sugar, some of my favorite looks from the show.

This was the opening look and I was hooked. I felt like Meryl Streep wore this in a scene from "Out of Africa" and I'm totally okay with that! The sweater is my favorite piece. As well as the shoe that's worn throughout. A definite must-have!


This coat is amazing! I know I keep using that word, but that's all I can say. Everything was simply amazing! And I love that a cropped pant is still on trend. It's the best way to show off the shoe!

 



This is the coat that stole my heart! Just look at it! Seriously, I gotta have this piece!

  
I loved the use of sequins within the skirt and the pants. The colors are so rich and the texture they create is stunning.


The little bolero jacket is darling! 


Again with the exaggerated fur coat. But I also love the skirt. I've seen this metallic lamé foil a couple of times on the runways this week. Love it!


This top is incredible. The movement it created down the runway was awesome. I love the sheer sleeves and the colors throughout. And who knew Culottes could be so, well, cool!


I have saved the best for last. These pants! I am giddy about these pants! They are a Chevron stripe fringe of fur, I think. Not sure what the actual fabric is, but I am dying over them! I would wear these babies to work, on weekends, to the movie, on a plane. I'm like "Sam I Am"! I would wear them everywhere! 

 
 This was such an impressive show to watch. One look after another oozed so much sophistication and helped me drain my bank account with every step onto the runway. Milly, you are on my fall radar! Did I mention how much I love those pants?



All photos courtesy of Fab Sugar. Photo credit: IMAXTREE / DANIELE OBERRAUCH INFO@OBYPHOTO.COM

No comments: