Friday, February 14, 2014

NYFW - Michael Kors Fall 2014

Michael Kors is a household name, right? Known for his Ready-to-Wear line, shoes, handbags, and perfumes, he definitely knows what a woman likes and how to make a woman feel chic. And I am definitely one of his biggest fans! So when I watched his runway show earlier this week, I wasn't surprised by his amazing fall collection. What I loved was the use of muted tones in greys, blacks, and taupes. The use fringe handbags, sequins, fur, and an amazing over-sized belt! Though I wouldn't be caught dead in some most of the shoes, I would be seen in most all of the pieces! Here are a few of my favorite looks from the show.

Which piece do you think I'm eyeing here? If you guessed the coat, you are correct! But check out that handbag! They are used throughout the show.


A chunky cable knit sweater, cardigan, dress with matching scarf? Sign me up! I will also take those boots in a size 8!


How cool is this dress?! I love the iridescence, the feel of sequins yet I think it's a sheen off the fabric. The movement was amazing on the runway. 


Simply gorgeous!


Here is a lesson in layering! I love how baggy this overall look is, but so pulled together! That top sweater looks like the most comfortable use of the ideal throw! Comfy chic!


Flirty and girly and that bag is a must-have!


YES!


Real or not, I love it!


Old world chic, uber feminine, sophistication, and timeless all in one dress.


I mean, it just kept getting better!


I'm not a fan of the top, but the skirt is another story. I can see it paired with a sleek, black t-neck with a cinched in waist a la most all mothers on classic TV


This dress is stunning! Again, the sheer fabric that was prominent in most of his runway looks, is playful but so dramatic with the cut of this dress. I love that it hides the body's form with the high neck, long sleeve, and skirt length, but you know what lingers underneath with it's body hugging drape. So sexy, no?


I have so enjoyed NYFW week from my little corner of the Midwest. Thank you to Mercedes Benz for bringing it to use live daily! Thank you to all the designers who shared their visions, their hardwork, and their works of art with all of us! 

Photos courtesy of WWD. Photos taken by Giovanni Giannoni.

No comments: