Monday, October 22, 2012

Spice of Life

Okay, so this isn't about the spice of life. It's about the spice cupcake I made several weeks ago! With the crisp fall air all around us, I have been in nothing but full on fall mode! Sweaters, boots, Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks and thinking about all things October! You know, decorating my house for Halloween, putting out all my fall decor after Halloween, lighting my favorite Yankee Harvest candle... If that doesn't get you in the mood for fall, maybe this will.

As you know, I love to watch Cupcake Wars on the Food Network! I'm constantly inspired by the flavors that they come up with week after week. So much so that I've been making a new cupcake flavor about every week. This week is my spice cupcake with apple pie filling and caramel buttercream frosting with a little caramel drizzle to top it off! All I can say is the kitchen spelled amazing!


How pretty are these cupcake papers! Perfect for fall!


Use an apple corer to remove a small piece of the cupcake. 

 

 

Fill each cupcake with the apple pie filling.

 

Replace all previously removed cupcake centers.


Look at that amazing frosting! 


 

The end result with a little caramel drizzle!

 

Happy Fall and Happy Baking!

No comments: