Monday, October 8, 2012

Barefoot and Tulips

Dress: MNG for MANGO; 
Belt: Harolds; Ring: Antique Spoon
Shades: Marc by Marc Jacobs;
Necklace: My Mom's; 
Lip Color: Dubonnet by MAC 

When I got dressed last Wednesday morning, I was so excited to put on this dress. By the end of the day, I couldn't wait to get this thing off my back! You see, I toyed with shoes all morning. Because this dress is so long, I have to have a pretty high heel. I can pull the dress up and blouse it over the belt, but there is an elastic waist band built into the dress and it can make it look a little too full.

After dropping McKinley off at my parents, my mom made a comment about my shoes. She didn't like them, but I just went on my merry way! (That's how moms and daughters are, right?) I get to work. I'm walking through the parking lot thinking about how much I love watching the hemline of the dress move around the shoes. This dress has so much movement. One of the many reasons why I love it and was so excited for photos later in the afternoon.

As I'm walking up to the building, I step up onto the curb, lose my footing and fall flat on my stomach! That's right! I fell right in front of the platform that leads to the steps. I mean, fell hard! I got up, completely disoriented after what just happened and immediately looked around to see who saw me. NO ONE! Pride somewhat intact. I collect my things that are all over the sidewalk, hobble up the stairs then limp to the elevator all the while willing myself not to cry! 

That was it! For the rest of the day I hated my dress. I felt like I stumbled over it all day. As soon as I got home, I decided to suck it up and take pictures, barefoot I might add, and I'm so glad I did. I love how they turned out. I love this dress. I will wear it again. As for the shoes, they are going to consignment!




Hope your Monday started off on the right foot!

1 comment:

Raj Thandhi @Pink Chai Style said...

Oh no! That's horrible, hope you are okay:) I have a similar thrifted dress that is too long to wear with flats and last time I wore it, I got my heel caught in it and put a big rip in the back!

You look lovely by the way:)

Raj
Pink Chai Style