Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween



Above are a few remnants from the "tablescape" from our Halloween party this weekend. It was the our fifth annual bash and I think a good time was had by all. We served up some yummy grub, had a signature cocktail, the Ghostini, which was souped up, melted vanilla ice cream in a glass, as well as some fun desserts to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. 

This cake was featured on Country Living but I changed the formatting a little. What was a chocolate pumpkin cake with orange cream cheese frosting and chocolate glaze, became a blood drenched cake after a vampire bite! Same cake base, but with plain cream cheese frosting and red glaze. I love how it turned out. It rested on a black cake plate and was the centerpiece for the food table. This photo was the best I could do post party! I seemed to have gotten lost in the party and didn't focus a single bit on photographs!

 


 As a party favor, guests received t-shirts commemorating the event and popcorn hands for munching when that late night craving takes hold. I love to add a personal touch to parties and gifts that I give and I think these two things did just that! 

For the shirts, we found an image online that we loved, printed it out on iron-on sheets of paper and simply ironed them onto the shirt. How cute did they turn out? 


 




And speaking of gift giving, this year I made hurricanes for my friends. Martha Stewart provides amazing templates on her website, and when I saw these, I knew I had to make them. It's simply craft clue, glitter and a hurricane. Trace the design with glue, sprinkle glitter and shake off the excess. So easy and perfect for any Halloween decor!



If you are a crafter, or simply someone who likes to entertain, I hope you've enjoyed some of these little ideas. Happy Halloween!

No comments: