Thursday, October 4, 2012

If It Ain't Baroque

The latest trend for fall is Baroque. That amazing, romantic era of classical music, gilded gold and over-the-top flash. What's great, is that even though designers are keeping the look streamlined and modern, they haven't lost any of the romanticism or flash! Here are some ways to add this trend to your everyday wardrobe.

I have always stated that your outerwear is an extension of your wardrobe. I'm not saying you have to match, but it should compliment your look. I have entirely too many pieces of outerwear, but I look at it as accessorizing! This coat would be amazing over a simple black dress but it would look so chic with boyfriend jeans, a simple white tee and flats. No need for other accessories. This should be your focal point!



These pants look so rich in texture and so comfy in design! Almost as if you're wearing pajamas in public. And because they are made of silk, in essence you're wearing silk pajamas! Another great thing about them is that you can wear them dressy or casual. For a casual dinner out, I would pair them with a denim button down and throw on a black pullover. For a night at the theater, I would add a black cami and my black, sequin jacket! 

 
Oh, these boots! Could they be more gorg! And, you must always wear them with skirts or dresses so that they peek out from underneath a maxi hemline or shine when wearing a mini!



Lastly, this Alexander McQueen clutch may cause you to go baroque - get it - but isn't it amazing! 


I haven't decided if I will follow this trend, but if I do, I think the first thing on my list to purchase would be the pants! The real question is, will you follow or let this one pass you by?


Jacket photo courtesy of Anthropologie.
Pants photo courtesy of J.Crew.
Boots photo courtesy of Zara.
Clutch photo courtesy of Nieman Marcus.

No comments: