Friday, September 21, 2012

Under the Big Top


When I hear the phrase "under the big top" I think of a large, striped tent set in the middle of a large, open field. And under that massive canvas is sheer magic! We attended the Ringling Brothers Circus last Saturday afternoon, and although we didn't sit under a big top, what took place was spectacular! The lights, the music, the atmosphere...it made you feel like a kid again. And, watching it through the eyes of my 17 month old son, was absolute joy. He was wide eyed, grinning from ear to ear and constantly exclaiming "wow"! If that's not magic....


So, what does one wear to the circus on a Saturday afternoon you ask?

Sweater: Ann Taylor; Jeans: Ann Taylor (similar);
Shoes: DIY;
Ring: Banana Republic (super old)

I told my husband that I hoped the animals wouldn't take too much offense to my animal print sweater. It just seemed appropriate. And as for the gold, glitter tennies, if you can't wear them to the circus, when can you?

 




Photos of my tennis shoes compliments of my father, Richard. How better to showcase these shoes than with circus stripes and peanuts! 

Happy Friday!

No comments: