Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Stripe Dress - How to Style It


Denim Jacket: My moms; Dress: MNG by Mango; Belt: Ann Taylor; Tights: Target;
Shoes: Tory Burch; Necklace: Gorjana (gift); Rings: Gorjana via Gilt;
Watch: Emporio Armani (gift)
 
I wore this dress for my friend Tricia! I received a question from her regarding how I've styled this dress in the past as she's looking to purchase this one. She wanted to make sure she had multiple ways to wear it. Smart thinking! That's what everyone should do. I have to say that I'm guilty of it at times, but I eventually style most of my closet in various ways!
 
Some of the ideas I supplied were a denim jacket, scarf, tights, tall boots and/or booties, a statement necklace like this one, and a black moto jacket! I decided to take my own advice and pair mine with a denim jacket, a leopard print belt (which added a little depth) and a pendant necklace. I had different boots in mind, but they just didn't work. I like how the chocolate tights and booties keep the leg long.
 
Styling Tip: Try to match tights and boots to keep those gams long!!
 
 
In the past, I've worn navy and chocolate tights (the stripe in the dress is navy), brown belts, statement necklaces and tall boots. I can't wait to keep styling it! It lends itself to so many options!
 


 
I hate indoor photos, but by the time we got around to taking them, it was dark and freezing out! I really wanted to show Tricia all the different ways she could style her dress! I hope she takes the plunge and shares with us all the way she styles hers!
 
Which is your favorite look?



No comments: