Friday, January 18, 2013

Nail Art Trend

The big trend in manicures these days is nail art and there are some amazing ways to "do your nails". Remember when you just got a manicure? Then there was the best invention ever, shellac. A manicure that instantly dries, with the help of UV light, and you walk out of the salon with the ability to dig in your purse and not mess up the nails! And then there is nail art. A whole new level to just simply painting your nails.

Two years ago I purchased my first nail strips from Sally Hanson and was hesitant to try them. Candy cane stripes for the holidays were a little out there and I thought people would think I had lost it. I tried it anyway and from there I was hooked! It is the best way to try the trend and you don't have to spend time painting, detailing and waiting for your nails to dry. And the line was grown from there. Now, other nail companies are following suit. Essie has the Sleek Collection and they are so cool! I personally love "Sticker and Stones", "Over the Moon" and "Steel the Show". Check them out here. See my favs from Essie and how I've worn nail strips recently!

 


Essie's Sleek Collection


 
Super simple, right? Peel off, apply and go! Sure, there is a little more work than that, but not much. Now, for the physical manicure. If you want to see some truly remarkable works of art, check out Sarah at Chalkboard Nails. Her work is incredible and something I could NEVER achieve! Another blogger that I love to follow is Jessica at What I Wore. She has embraced the nail art trend with her Saturday Morning Manicure posts. Some really great ideas! 
I've attempted some really simple manicures because I don't have tons of time to play. I love doing my nails. I feel like my whole appearance is complete when I my nails are polished. I know that sounds completely superficial, but it's true. I remember as a young teen how I constantly painted my nails. Now, it's on a whole different level. Below are some of my latest at home manis!
A new take on French manicures is to add different colors. I went with blood red and black tips for our Breaking Dawn date and a silver glitter French with jet black background.


I am loving the glitter over solid backgrounds!!! A added glitter to the ring finger for our anniversary weekend and all over glitz to a blue nail. So much fun to play around with and a little sassy!

 

 The next thing I want to try is the nail pen. In my opinion, it's the beginners tool for doodling and working on the nail before advancing to house hold tools that Sarah from Chalkboard Nails suggests. 

What do you think of the new trend in nails? Is this something you would attempt on your own or spend money to have a nail tech apply? Do you even polish your nails when given the time? I hope to grow with the trend and continue trying new techniques.

No comments: