Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Giddy for Spring

This happens to me about this time every year. The temps drop down to below freezing and I complain how I still live in the Midwest in winter. Yet, every winter I'm still here! I get tired of wearing tights, wool, tall boots and sweaters. Okay, I take that back. I never get tired of tall boots or sweaters. But, I do get tired of endless layers of clothing in an attempt to stay warm. 

Because of all of this, I've start scouring my favorite retailers for that glimpse of spring that is on the horizon. The days are getting longer and color will once again appear in my wardrobe! Until then, I've made a mental wish list that has not gone viral! See my must-haves from Ann Taylor below.

Who would have thought that I would be such a pink girl! I've never really worn pink. Red is my go-to color! But ever since I purchased those pink crops from J.Crew, I've turned a corner. I love the high collar of this pink topper for spring. An amazing pop of color that will compliment any look!
 
  
These pink crops will replace the wool ones come spring and summer. I love the tab crops, but the polka dots are so whimsical! And, I love how they paired it with a denim top! I can do that!!


 

I will never stop wearing black. There is something in my DNA that makes me wear black. The mesh dotted top will look great with any color pant or skirt. The color block top of black, white and graphics is so cool! And again, it would look great paired with a color pant.


 

This just takes my love of stripes to a whole new level. Thin stripes and normal stripes all on one top! Are you kidding me? The fact that it comes in three other colors only means I will have four stripe on stripe tops!

 
 
I saved the absolute best for last! I LOVE this faux leather and khaki topper! This would replace all existing trench coats in my closet, and since I only have one, it would replace that one! So modern, so chic and so what I need for spring! LOVE! IT!

 

What are you looking forward to most for spring? Color? New pieces? Warm weather? Yes please, to all!

No comments: