Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Green and Possibly Envious

Where did the saying "green with envy" come from and why do you have to be green? However, if they are talking about this seasons "it" color, then I am envious of anyone who already has pieces in their closet! I've been poking around and I've found some incredible accessories that will play with others and add a sense of early spring to my wardrobe. Here are some of my favorites!

You know how much I love a good handbag. They are literally the one piece that houses everything I need on a daily basis! However, when I recently cleaned out my current bag, I found a few of McKinley's spoons, a boulder to his dump truck and several toys cars. I'm not sure I need those on a daily basis! And, it still weighs a good 20 pounds, but I digress... Take a look below at my picks.
These may or may not be able to hold everything I carry, but I'm will to give it a try! Kate Spade is one of my all time favorites and generally my go-to when shopping for a new bag. You can pick up these lovelies at Nordstrom.


The current trend is to carry a clutch during the day but that's just not going to happen here. Did I mention my current bag weighs at least 20 pounds? How could I possibly go to a clutch? For evening though, this Steven Madden would be so cute against a winter white look. I love the green and gold! And, I would love to take this Kate Spade wallet out of my handbag daily! So sweet, feminine and sleek.


 Oh how I love shoes and these little numbers don't disappoint! I love my stilettos and the higher the better. But there times, and pant lengths, that call for a more lady like heel. I'm pretty sure these kitten heels would do the trick. The Manolo Blahnik sling backs are such a great neutral. And the Kate Spade's would lighten up navy and look super sweet with pink. So spring!


My new favorite shoe source, Sole Society, offers these darling peep toe wedges. Yes, its considered a wedge and so cute with dresses, skirts and crops. And, these Kate Spade pumps are darling!! And the bow is the sweetest little detail! A definite must-have! 



And then there are the little pieces for your wrist, hand and neck! Don't ever forget to add accessories wherever possible!!

These bracelets will help any arm party get started! Add several smaller gold bangles or wear them alone and let them speak for themselves. I am a huge fan of bracelets these days. The more the merrier! Both of these are from J.Crew.


 These are two simple stunners that are statements all on their own. This ring from Ann Taylor is a wow piece while the necklace from Baublebar is sleek and modern. Wear alone so they shine!



 Are you a fan of the new "it" color, and if so, how do you plan to wear it this spring? Can't wait til then? Start wearing it now. With so many options available, it might be nice to lighten up your winter wardrobe! I know I will!


No comments: