Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Evaluating Spring Wardrobe



March started in like a lion with high winds and cool temps. This week is unseasonably warm, today we are expecting a high of 80, and I'm struggling with how to dress this week! I haven't really had time to evaluate what I have for spring that still fits, is still on trend and what I night need to fill in the gaps.

I've blogged about my current obsessions, the latest trend in neon, the must-have florals and the bright colors that we're seeing everywhere, but I haven't truly blogged about what I really want for spring and summer. And I think the reason behind that is because I don't really know! This is the first time in years that I don't have a go-to plan for my spring/summer wardrobe. See why I'm struggling?

So, based on all of this, I have narrowed it down to the top five things I think should be added to my closet. Some of these decisions were based on trend and some just on sheer want.

A Simple Dress:
 I love this blush dress. So versatile in the fact that its a blank canvas. And, it's two trends in one: lace and sheer. I love the drapey neckline. Such a feminine look.

Modern Lace Sheath Dress
The Brights:
I am really trying to limit the amount of brights I purchase this season. With colors like this, you don't really know how long they are going to last. I do have my red cropped pants from last fall that will work perfectly. However, I did purchase a pair of royal blue pants in January and most recently a tangerine skirt. That might be about all I need.

Textural Pocket Mini Skirt
 Metallic:
The biggest shoe trend, aside from cap toes, is metallic. They come in all shapes and sizes so there's something for everyone. I provided a couple of my favs.

Ivanka Trump Pinkish Pump

Sam Edelman Yelena
          Flower Power:
I struggle with the floral trend as I honestly own one piece that's floral. And I have an even bigger problem with so many floral bottoms to chose from. I feel like I need to be careful when pairing such a bold print below the waistline! But, I am in love with the Zara pants I blogged about yesterday.

Printed Trousers
What's on your agenda for filling in the gaps for your spring/summer wardrobe?

No comments: