Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Rue Report



This month's Rue Report is all about refreshing your style, something I am struggling with right now. I feel like I get in such a rut when winter hits. I find myself wearing dark colors, bulky sweaters and a variation of the same thing over and over! 

One thing I'm trying to incorporate is statement jewelry. I love a chunky necklace or an arm full of bracelets to spice up an outfit. I'm also trying to update my basics. Adding a white t-shirt to blazers or a scarf to a sweater. Still using the same pieces I've been wearing for months, but adding a new twist. And shoes! Don't forget shoes! You know how much I love shoes and how I use them as a pop of color, an extension to the look or as the focal point. I just need to remember what I have and wear them more! 

Lastly, they asked readers what their New Year's Style Resolution was, and when I asked myself that same question, it was to wear what I have hanging in my closet! I preach it all the time but I've found that I'm not following my own advice. Here's to a fresh start of shopping from my own closet and making/creating new looks that are fresh, exciting and possibly outside my style comfort zone.  A new year means new beginnings!

No comments: