Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's All About Ruching

Dress: Ann Taylor (gift); Tights: We Love Color;
Shoes: Chie Mihara (gift); Sunglasses: Prada (gift)
Watch: Emporio Armani (gift); Ring: Hope Faith Miracles
Bracelets: Fossil, Ralph Lauren, JewelMint

I don't normally wear body hugging anything! Why? Well first, I don't have a body that is fit for body hugging clothing. Second, I'm afraid people will think that I think I have a body fit for body hugging clothing. And third, I've never found anything that actually fits. That is until now! This dress was a gift for Christmas and I first wore it to a post holiday party. I was amazed at how well it fit, how it didn't hug my body in all the wrong places and that it made me look thin! I decided from that moment on I would LIVE in ruching! 

The fabric is cotton so there is a lot of give. Had it been in a spandex material, well this blog post would never have taken place! When looking for something similar, make sure it is a cotton blend but heavier in cotton. Make sure the ruching isn't too tight. You should be able to place the folds where you want them, not the other way around. And, a little spandex underneath doesn't hurt either! These tights definitely help in the tummy area! And SPANX would be a great alternative when going bare legged.




No comments: