Friday, February 10, 2012

Lucky Magazine's Pants Bonanza

In the March edition of Lucky Magazine, Jean Godfrey-June lays it all on the line (with the help of fashion director Anne Keane and senior fashion editor Elle Strauss) where your pant hem should hit on your shoes. She explores pant styles, hem lengths and the right shoe for the pant in her "Pants Bonanza" question/answer segment. I am going to see how I'm doing based on how I've worn them!

Straight-leg:
I don't think I own a single pair of this style pant. And it's a good thing. According to Anne Keane, the look can go wrong, so "people shouldn't get straight-leg." Glad we're on the same page. If you do own straight-leg pants, they suggest pumps or flats. And the pants should be cropped or cuff. Wait, now that I think about it, I do own straight-leg pants! Here's how I paired them and I got it right! The photo on the left shows flats and on the right, pumps.


 Skinny:
Considered the easiest to style, you can really wear any shoe with these pants. Keane and Strauss state that the skinny "really features your shoe". I haven't really gone out on too many limbs when it comes to the skinny and my shoes. I fall pry to tucking them into tall boots. I have worn them with platform booties and flats, but only while pregnant. Bigger risk taker at that time for some reason!
     

 Wide-leg:
I am a HUGE fan of the wide leg. I live in them. They are comfortable, I feel more stylish and I actually feel thinner when I wear them! Now, Keane and Strauss feel that the hem must skim the floor, and the more worn hem the cooler the pant. I must say, only one of my wide-legs skim the floor. I've never felt more un-cool! And, they insist that the only shoe to wear is a platform. Well, most of my heels are platforms anyway, so I guess I got this one right, to an extent!


 

Baggy/boyfriend:
I won't go into my love of the boyfriend jean as I've raved about it time after time. These must be worn hemmed or rolled up above the ankle. According to Keane, "You have to show some ankle with a baggy, or it just looks enormous and sloppy." The only shoe to wear is a tough feminine shoe and an ankle bootie. No flats, kitten heels or pumps. And, if you do wear flats, the only acceptable one is a sneaker, but remember to show some ankle.


 So, for those of you playing at home, I was almost four for four! I have made some minor mistakes along the way, but for the most part, I'm right on track! How did you fair? I don't know about you, but I found this extremely helpful! Thank you, Lucky team! As always, I'm so "lucky" to your magazine in my mailbox, and life, on a monthly basis!



No comments: